Coronado Avenue 1
This modern farmhouse - the home of Eddie Maestri, himself - was influenced/inspired by the wooden homes in Uptown New Orleans. Its modern design elements - polished concrete floors and original art - juxtapose traditional and reclaimed features like antique French doors, interior transom windows, and gas lanterns. The second floor has a screened in balcony that has a “tree house” feel, and the house itself is accented by a guest house retreat. Instead of looking like the newest house on the block, we wanted it to look like it could have been the oldest.
This project was featured on the 2012 AIA Dallas Tour of Homes, 2012 Lakewood Home Tour, and has been published in Better Homes and Gardens.
- Lakewood Hills, Dallas, Texas
- New construction of modern farmhouse – 3,000 sf with 400 sf detached guest quarters
- Services Provided:
- Full-service Architecture + Interior Design
- Herman Darden, LLC
- Construction 2012/ Interior Design 2017
- Aaron Dougherty/ Michael Cagle